After Thoughts

May11

Throughout the process of making this work, elements have changed, both through conscious thought and choice, and also naturally. As the work progresses sometimes some elements no longer work or feel relevant. For example I made a decision to eliminate an element which I had been using in rehearsal on the morning of the performance. I no longer felt that it was relevant or added anything lucrative to the piece.

Overall I am happy with the final decisions I had made surrounding the concept and content of the work. If I were to do it again, I may change some elements. such as giving the audience more freedom to move around the space as I had originally intended. Ultimately I made the decision to have them seated as it gave a clear indication of where I was happy for them to be, and avoided them feeling uncomfortable of where they could stand or how close they could be to the actual performance. However areas could be taped out as almost holding bays that could offer different perspectives for different view points.

At the end of the performance, I asked the audience to write their thoughts on the work and what they felt lies beyond. Below are some of the responses:

IMG_0616There were a variety of responses, some focusing more on the specifics of the performance, and others on the more abstract ideas, looking deeper into the meaning. It was interesting to be able to read these thoughts as it gave me, as a performer, more incite to what my audience was thinking and feeling.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: